Monday, February 6, 2012

The Boy Vow

So this post is LONG overdue, but it's 4am on Monday and I felt compelled to write this.

I officially did something I said I was going to do -- move to San Francisco. I moved here on October 22, 2011 and have loved it ever since.

The first month or so was tough because I had no idea how insane SF real estate is and it basically set me back a bit. Thankfully, I had my cousin who lived out here and she let me live on her couch for a month until I got my stuff together.

Now, I am a resident of Lower Pac Heights and love it (even though the neighborhood is a tad boring). But the apartment itself is SUPER amazing and the commute to work or anywhere else isn't bad at all.

Anyway, let me back to the topic at hand which happens to be the title of this blog post -- the Boy Vow.

So before I came out here, I had this silly fantasy that I was going to leave NYC, move here, and proceed to meet the love of my life. I blame the entire romantic comedy genre for this thought. I mean it could totally still happen but at the moment, I'd like to be more realistic.

My first dating experience out here did not turn out that perfectly. It consisted of my meeting a boy via okcupid, going on 4 dates in under 2 weeks, thinking he was more serious about it, and then getting "dumped" because he thought I was moving too fast. Now yes, this boy was stupid to do that but I'm also silly to not be over it.

So now that happened and of course I'm like "oh it's time to focus on myself, blah blah" No, I start fawning over yet another boy. Super smart. Time for my brain to interject and say "Pam, stop this insanity."

Now we're arriving at what I am calling The Boy Vow. This is meant to keep me serious about the stuff I want to do and put boys wayyyy lower on the consideration scale.

As of February 6, 2012, I, Pam, solemnly swear to put myself first and NOT obsess over boys anymore and be happy pursuing my interests/passions. I am no longer going to say "I want to do x,y,z" Instead it will be "I am going to do x,y,z"

Going to be tough to not care so much about boys, especially because it's fun. But i"m not becoming the person I want to be at this rate, so we'll see how this goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment