Saturday, February 25, 2012

Girls Night Out -- a thing of the past

This is going to sound a bit hypocritical at first but whatever, why do conversations with almost every girl I know somehow go back to the subject of guys? I feel like Miranda in that episode of "Sex and the City" where she asked the girls if they were the same as they were in high school but now had bigger checking accounts (the exact quote is "It's like seventh grade with bank accounts.")

It's true. EVERYTHING goes back to men. What happened to having passions or true girls night outs? I think I just want to hang out by myself for awhile and reclaim my individuality. I missed the early days of coming here where I barely knew anyone and I would wander around by myself and my ipod. It was fucking amazing and I did NOT have to play "wing woman" or deal with some unwanted man hanging around me.

I feel like some women need men to hit on them or give them attention for some sort of validation. It makes me sad and angry because I love a lot of my girlfriends and think they are such smart and beautiful woman. But concentrating so much on getting attention is REALLY a bummer and honestly, a pain in the ass to be around. Why can't we validate ourselves based on our accomplishments? Is it just human nature or is it just weak women?

It's just a hard thing to do because what do I do -- not socialize? That kind of blows. I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to do my own thing while also socializing (but not to the degree that I'm doing it now).

Just REALLY frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment